Moving Blankets Australia
Moving is not easy, especially when it comes to the stressful process of transporting your personal belongings safely. Even the slightest scratch on your cherished furniture can detract from its overall appearance. This is why moving blankets are essential. They not only safeguard your furniture from damage but also keep it clean and dust-free.
What exactly are moving blankets?
Moving blankets are large, thick covers made of durable fabrics that are designed to ensure protection for your furniture and other appliances during transit. Moving blankets are also referred to as "furniture blankets" or "removalist blankets." They absorb shocks and provide additional padding, which is ideal for fragile items.
Are moving blankets necessary?
If you desire to make your moving experience as stress-free as possible, then the answer is a resounding yes. Moving blankets are useful in more than one way; they add an extra layer of protection to your furniture, preventing scratches and dents. Additionally, they can also help protect newly painted walls and floors from furniture with sharp edges.
Size and material
Moving blankets are available in a variety of sizes, with the standard size being 1.83 x 3.4 metres, which is large enough to cover appliances such as dryers and washers.
Moving blankets are made from a combination of nonwoven fabric, polyester, and woven cotton, which makes them thick and heavy while remaining soft to the touch.
Moving blanket types
Moving blankets’ level of protection is based on their weight. The heavier a moving blanket is, the more effective it will be at protecting the items. They are typically available in two types:
• Lightweight blanket: It is an affordable option; however, it offers less protection, which may also lead to minor damages.
• Heavyweight blankets: They offer significantly more protection as they are made from thicker materials, which reduce the risk of damage.
If you're moving items that are of high value or are too expensive to damage, a heavyweight moving blanket is recommended.
Once you have settled down, make sure to clean the moving blanket before you store it. Be careful when you put it in the washing machine, and make sure it is completely dry before you store it, as leaving it damp can cause mould and mildew growth.
If you don't want to put away your moving blankets, there are plenty of ways to make use of them and get the most value out of your investment.
• Protecting floors: Using it as a drop cloth, it can shield floors from any mess created by home painting projects.
• Soundproofing: Moving blankets are ideal for soundproofing because of their thickness, which helps to reduce reverberance and volume. They can be hung around the room to create a soundproof environment.
• Pet blanket: An alternative to a pet blanket is a moving blanket, which can provide the same amount of warmth and comfort for your pet.
• Camping: It can be tough if you are sleeping on an uneven, hard surface, but you can make do with a few moving blankets. Place them on top of each other, and you will be comfortable enough to get a good night's sleep.
Investing in moving blankets is a great idea, not only for their primary purpose of protecting furniture during a move but also for a number of other uses around the house.